Today our how to guide is going to show you step by step how you can encapsulate the Angel Papers and Angel Flakes from our brand new Amy G Nail Art Collection onto the nail using clear acrylic. This easy to follow process has been created for you by celebrity nail artist Amy G and the tutorial can also be viewed on our official YouTube page.
For some salons the months of October and November can be quieter ones, with the busy Christmas period looming you may feel that your appointment schedule is quieter then you would like. If this is the case use the spare time that you have to help boost the marketing activities for your salon to help drive new business. Below are some tips and tricks to help you market your salon effectively this autumn.
Add value to your client’s appointment: While it’s tempting to offer your treatments at a discounted rate for a limited time to help boost appointments it can offer a great short term fix however will reduce probability and can result in devaluing your services. Instead try offering your clients added value to their appointments whether...Read More
The weather is warming up and it is that time of year when summer has officially begun! Whether your summer plans include travelling, festivals or gardening in the sun it is always important to have perfectly manicured nails. In order to take care of your nails during the summer months it is necessary to carry out an appropriate nail care routine. We have put together the following tips and tricks to ensure your nails stay healthy and hydrated all summer long:
Whether you are going to be gardening in the sun or dipping in and out of the pool it is important to apply a strong top coat over your nail polish to ensure that your polish lasts as long as possible. Our 5 Star Top Coat is the perfect choice as it acts as a durable top coat ...
Hygiene is a vital part of any salon routine and law states that every working environment needs to be safe and hygienic in order to operate. It is the responsibility of everyone working within the salon to prevent the possible spread of infection or disease by using professional hygienic practice. In order to achieve this within your salon we have devised the following checklist to ensure that you are maintaining a safe and hygienic working environment:
Personal Hygiene: Working within the beauty industry you are a representation of your business and the services you provide so it is vitally important that a high level of personal hygiene and grooming is maintained at all times, ensure that both your uniform and shoes are clean and fre...Read More
The beginning of the year can sometimes leave you slightly strapped for cash and if this is meaning that you cannot keep up with your regular manicures at the salon then don’t despair we at The Edge have created this helpful guide for achieving professional manicures at home. Although completing your own manicure will never be as relaxing or pampering as the salon experience with these tips and tricks you can attempt to master the basics at home and remember practice makes perfect!
Step One: Remove all your current nail polish using our new and efficient Nail Polish Remover Pot which is filled with acetone and cleaning bristles to help you quickly remove all traces of your polish.
Step Two: If necessary dependant on length trim y...Read More
During winter when you are regularly wearing closed toe shoes it is vitally important to ensure that your toenails are regularly trimmed to avoid ingrown toenails or infections developing. If you are wondering what is the best way to trim your own toenails at home then here are some professional tips and tricks to ensure this procedure is done safely and correctly.
- Before using any implements on your toes it is vitally important that they have been sterilised to ensure maximum hygiene. Our Sanitising Spray is formulated to hospital standard to kill bacteria and is perfect for sterilising toenail clippers and files before use. Before beginning the toe nail trimming process apply our Sanitising Hand Gel directly to your hands to kill any ...
Acrylic nails are an ever popular nail enhancement system and although they make your nails look picture perfect they do also require a certain level of maintenance both in the salon and at home. We at The Edge have compiled the following list of helpful tips and tricks to ensure that you care for your artificial nails correctly away from the salon, to ensure their longevity and to keep them looking as good as new.
- Top up your Top Coat: If you want to enhance the shine of your perfectly painted acrylic nails before your next salon visit then simply apply a Top Coat to give your nails a glossy professional shine. Paint over your polish with our Mirror Gloss Top Coat which can be applied to the nail enhancement and ensures added protectio...
Do you find that during the winter months the queue of clients wanting to get their feet treated to a pedicure is significantly less than during summer? We here at The Edge believe pedicures are a year round necessity and are not just for summer, here’s a definitive list of reasons why you and your clients should keep up with regular pedicures even during the freezing cold winter months:
- Prevent cracked heels: Due to lack of moisture and colder climates, cracked heels are a common problem during winter and can become painful if left untreated. The best way to ensure that you and your clients don’t suffer with cracked heels during winter is to keep up with your regular pedicure appointments, during which time your heels will be professional...
The winter is a time for Christmas, crisp icy mornings and can be a time when your nails become cracked and brittle. It’s important to take care of your nails year round, however during the winter they can often require a bit more TLC. We at The Edge have compiled the following professional tips and tricks to help you care for your nails the best possible way this winter season.
- Restore the moisture in your nails: While many people are often quite good at remembering to restore moisture to their hands by applying their favourite hand cream regularly, often people don’t put quite so much care and attention into restoring the moisture to their nails. Winter is a time when moisture loss can occur as the cool dry air has a dehydrating effect ...
To those who are less tech-savvy creating and managing social media accounts such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram can seem daunting, however when used correctly social media is the most beneficial free marketing tool to help your salon get to the next level and drive new business. At The Edge we love connecting with our customer base via our social media platforms and are active on Facebook (@edgenails), Twitter (@edgenails) and Instagram (@edgenails). Whether you’re a social media whizzkid or an absolute beginner, we have collated the following tips and tricks to inform you how to harness the power of social media marketing to help grow your business.
- Post Images: Customers respond well to visual stimulants and what better wa...