UV Gel System - Guidelines On How To Apply UV Gel Nails?
Using the EDGE 3 in 1 UV Gel Nail system enables the professional nail technician to create beautiful Strong Nail Extensions. This system can be used over tips or as natural nail overlays however we do not recommend you use over fragile or brittle natural nails.
Application Guidelines for Nail Extensions:
1. Using The EDGE Sanitising Gel ensure hands and nails are sanitised before commencing any nail service.
2. Carry out thorough preparation of the natural nail ensuring all non living tissue is removed from the nail plate.
3. Using a lint free pad work The EDGE Nail Fresh into the natural nail to thoroughly cleanse and dehydrate the nail plate.
4. Apply tips, remove shine and blend if necessary.
5. Apply the EDGE Primer Pen to the natural nail only avoiding tip.
6. Choose from Clear or Pink Gel.
7. Work Gel into nail using small circular movements from cuticle (Zone 3) to Free Edge (Zone 1) ensuring free edge is sealed to help prevent Gel shrinkage.
8. Cure the nail under the UV Lamp for 2-3 minutes.
9. Remove sticky residue using lint free pads to apply The EDGE Wipe Off Solution (optional).
10. Apply Hollywood White or White Gel to create French Tip ensure you seal edges of nail and sure for 2 minutes.
11. Remove from lamp, wipe sticky residue with The EDGE Wipe Off Solution.
Note: if you choose to wipe between layers always buff surface gently before reapplying Gel.
12. Apply a layer of Clear Gel over the entire nail (add more gel at the apex to create desired shape if needed) working from cuticle area (Zone 3) to the Free Edge (Zone 1). Ensure you seal the edge of the nail.
13. Cure the nail under the UV Lamp for 2-3 minutes.
14. Remove sticky residue with The Edge Wipe Off Solution.
15. Finish by filing to shape and buffing to high gloss shine.
16. Optional - The Edge UV Glosscoat can be applied at this stage - cure for one minute.
17. Apply The EDGE Aromatic Cuticle oil to finish.